The Metrics page allows you to add metrics tracking on a server to a dashboard or download a chart of those metrics.
Create a new metric
As you create a new metric, the interface will display a preview on the right side.
To add a metric to a dashboard or download a chart of it, perform the following steps:
- Select a Metric type.
- Select at least one Metric within the Metric type.
- You can select multiple metrics to display on the same chart.
- Select the Servers to monitor by tags, individual servers, or all servers.
- Select a Stacking method for displaying the chart:
- Normal - Charts will be built on top of each other, this is useful to see the total value combined.
- Metric - Charts will be built on top of each other, this is useful to see the total value combined of a specific metric
item across multiple servers.
- Percentage - Show the relative values.
- Disabled - This turns off all stacking options, all values start from
- If multiple Devices exist on the server, select whether to report the Sum or Average of all values for this metric that each device reports. For example:
- Sum - If you have 10 threads with 80% usage, it will display 800%
- Average - If you have 10 threads with 80% usage, it will display 80%.
- Select the type of Chart to display.
- Enter a Chart Name for this chart.
- Select an action:
- Select a dashboard or create a new one. Then, click Save to Dashboard. You can click View on Dashboard to view and edit that dashboard.
- Click Download to save a PNG file of the chart.
Updated over 1 year ago